Post by macbeth on Aug 15, 2017 7:01:01 GMT
At the beginning of this year I set about bringing the 13 odd armies in my Yuan Era campaign set up to DBA3 compliance. Amongst the array of forces was my IV/40 Siamese army. I had originally built this army up from primarily spare Khmer figures from Hall of Ancient Warriors. I purchased the Khmer for my campaign sets from Brian Hall, and then saw that Olympian games was selling the Outpost Khmer packs at a generous discount. By the end I had made my Khmer up almost entirely from Outpost so the HAW figures were surplus to requirements.
In DBA2 the Siamese foot were all 3Ax or all 3Wb so I could use whatever I wanted to make up the Siamese foot. But in DBA3 the troops could be six elements from any combination of 3Ax, 3Wb or 3Bd - I have dealt with this in European dark age armies in the past - predominately 2 handed axe = Bd, predominantly Sword and Sheild = Wb, all javelin = Ax. I was going to need to lay on lots more figs for this army and make up some differentiations.
My first step was to order some Siamese spearmen from Irregular Miniatures (using their agent in Oz - Eureka). Just for fun I also ordered some Siamese Cv and a new Elephant. THEN I saw the Siamese range from Khurusan miniatures. First and Foremost I had to have the new Elephants, and the Spearmen would be perfect for Ax. The Guards and the Swordsmen could be either Bd or Wb. I ordered some. By now it was clear that I was going to rebuild the entire army. The Irregular Minis Siamese foot more often than not had a sword rather than a spear and with the full Thai dancer costume I decided to make them the Bd. A mix of the swordsmen and guardsmen would be the Wb and the spearmen would be the Ax. I had to add in some bowmen as 3Bw and Ps.
So here is the latest addition to my stable of armies
OOOPS - my latest experiment with my camera has made the images too big
I will have to go back and try again